Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Healthy endeavours

  So when I was making my new year resolution I talked about getting healthy and going to the gym. So I'm proud to say that I have gone to the gym at least once a week since then and I've been eating a lot healthier. I have been eating less meat and trying to detox a little from the processed food. Plus, my finals are coming up and i know that I won't be eating great at all. So here are some things that I bought at the organic food store that I was interested in trying:
Synergy drinks(mystic mango, strawberry serenity), Quinoa, and Udon noodles




  The Synergy brand makes Kombucha drinks which is this tea that has been aged for 30 days. There has been a health craze where people have been drinking this tea daily in hopes for great amounts of antioxidants, natural enzymes, energy, and detoxifying. In my personal opinion this thing tastes HORRIBLE. The mystic mango I've tried some and although I know that there is mango puree in there it still doesn't mask that weird fermented taste of the kombucha. It tastes kind of like the non-alcoholic wine from Trader Joe's but with a very strong after taste. I can't seem to even finish the mango so I'll see if I'm even going to try the strawberry flavored. 

  I got the quinoa as an alternative to eating rice with my fish and other meat products. Other food bloggers have been using it with greek yogurt and cinnamon as a type of desert. I absolutely adore rice pudding so I'm definitely going to give it a try.
   The udon is just because it is another meal that I can make that doesn't require meat in it. I've been eating soup or salad for lunch each day to try and not overload at lunch time like I usually do.

Well I hope my opinion helps you if you decide to buy these products!

No comments:

Post a Comment